Glutathione is often called the “master antioxidant,” glutathione assists in boosting other antioxidants, like vitamin C and vitamin E, as well as alpha lipoic acid and CoQ10. Glutathione protects your mitochondria, the power house of your cells. Each one of your cells has mitochondria, which convert glucose, amino acids and fats into energy. As we age there is a natural reduction in our glutathione levels. Without adequate levels of glutathione, we may be at risk of suffering with serious medical issues, including stroke and Alzheimer’s disease as well as heart disease.
Glutathione plays an important role in helping your immune system stay strong and ready to fight infections. It helps protect your immune system in two important ways:
- Glutathione plays a key role in proper function of the T-cell lymphocytes. This enables the frontline soldiers of your immune system to increase in numbers.
- Glutathione stimulates the production along with activating your natural killer (NK) cells. This enhances the activity of your immune system and also helps act as an antioxidant to your immune system.
Keeping your immune system healthy, preventing disease, boosting your performance, and aging gracefully all are dependent upon keeping your glutathione levels high. It is critical in controlling inflammation and proper immune function. Glutathione is the master detoxifier and our body's main antioxidant. Without higher levels of glutathione our bodies aren’t able to have the energy or metabolism that is needed for optimal health.
Benefits of having healthy glutathione levels in the body:
- Lowers inflammation
- Prevents depression and anxiety
- Brain health
- Immune boosting
- Gut, heart, kidney, liver and skin health
- Fights oxidative stress
- Maintaining optimal levels of glutathione is essential to your health.
For more information on how you can benefit from IV infusion therapy, please call (800) 631-3822.
Dr. Spinner is certified by the American Board of Neurology (Neurology and Neurophysiology), Board of Headache Medicine (UCNS), National Board of Physicians and Surgeons (Internal Medicine) and the American Board of Sleep Medicine. Dr. Spinner believes that by providing comprehensive care with an integrated medical approach the best results can be achieved. Dr. Spinner will work closely with you to develop a customized and comprehensive treatment plan to resolve your symptoms and improve quality of life.