Vitamin C is water-soluble and found in many fruits and vegetables, including oranges, strawberries, kiwi fruit, bell peppers, broccoli, kale, and spinach. Vitamin C is critical in boosting the immune system, and it has potent antioxidant properties. Studies show that consuming more vitamin C can increase your blood antioxidant levels by up to 30%. Vitamin C helps the body's natural defenses fight inflammation. Vitamin C may have a direct effect against infectious agents like bacteria, viruses, and even cancer cells. While it's advised to get your vitamin C intake from foods, many people turn to supplements to meet their needs.
Vitamin C, when delivered with an IV, is 100% bioavailable, yet when consumed through our food only, 18% is absorbed. High doses of vitamin C can support your adrenals, give you increased energy, strengthen your tendons and bones, boost your immune system, and fight chemotherapy/radiation side effects. Our bodies do not make vitamin C, but we need it for immune function, bone structure, iron absorption, and healthy skin. Studies have shown that the antioxidant properties of vitamin c reduce the flu and the common cold symptoms and severity.
5 benefits of vitamin C
- Vitamin C prevents the common cold from developing into a serious complication. Take vitamin C for cold and flu and reduce the risk of developing pneumonia and lung infections.
- Vitamin C is necessary for repairing and maintaining bones and teeth.
- Vitamin C protects the brain and nervous system from the harmful effects that stress puts on our bodies by synthesizing stress hormones like adrenaline.
- Vitamin C helps improve blood flow by improving blood vessels' dilation in people suffering from heart diseases.
- Vitamin C is known for its collagen-boosting properties, which is essential for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of our body.
Higher doses of vitamin C create the optimal environment for cell growth and repair and promote your body's self-healing capability. Give yourself the gift of health this holiday season. For more information on how you can benefit from IV infusion therapy, please call (800) 631-3822.
Dr. Spinner is certified by the American Board of Neurology (Neurology and Neurophysiology), Board of Headache Medicine (UCNS), National Board of Physicians and Surgeons (Internal Medicine) and the American Board of Sleep Medicine. Dr. Spinner believes that by providing comprehensive care with an integrated medical approach the best results can be achieved. Dr. Spinner will work closely with you to develop a customized and comprehensive treatment plan to resolve your symptoms and improve quality of life.