Hair loss is a common condition, especially among men. Surprisingly, according to the American Academy of Dermatology, 40% of women have visible hair loss by the time they are age 40.1 So why do so many people not have the shiny, thick hair from the shampoo commercials? Are they not using the right products?
Healthy hair doesn’t come from a bottle. Healthy hair comes from within.
Most hair loss can be attributed to four main factors:
- Genetics. Male and female pattern baldness is a matter of genetics. We inherit much from our parents and grandparents – the good and the bad.
- Iron Deficiency: An iron deficiency can lead to hair loss among women.2 If you are iron deficient, or anemic, then taking an iron supplement and eating iron-rich foods can help slow or stop hair loss.
- Vitamin D Deficiency: Low levels of vitamin D are linked to hair loss.3 Inadequate vitamin D causes the hair to thin and eventually stop growing.
- Zinc Deficiency: Zinc is essential to hair growth and repair. It keeps oil glands around the hair follicles working properly. A zinc deficiency will lead to hair loss and damage the hair that is present, causing it to break easily.
Hair loss can be a consequence of a deficiency in any of these vital nutrients. The good news is that by correcting your nutrient levels, you can help slow or even stop hair loss.
Vitamins and minerals are essential to hair growth and health. If you have healthy levels of iron, vitamin D, and zinc, then these four vitamins can help you have healthier hair.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A moisturizes existing hair and encourages hair growth.
- Vitamin B: There are multiple B vitamins. The most commonly known in relationship to hair growth is Biotin. Vitamin B carries oxygen and nutrients to the scalp.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is required for creating the protein collagen, an important part of hair structure.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals, which can hinder or impair hair growth.
Both men and women suffer from hair loss. Often, this is a result of genetics or a deficiency in iron, vitamin D, or zinc. Having healthy levels of needed nutrients or minerals is vital to healthy hair. Beauty really does come from within.
IV infusions are a quick and easy way to repair and replenish your body’s essential nutrients. Our Beautivy Medspa "COSMETIC" is fortified with amino acids and active ingredients to repair and stimulate collagen growth naturally. Call our medical team at Vitamin Drip NY to hear more about what IV infusions can do for you. (800) 631-3822.
Dr. Warren Spinner, Medical Director for Vitamin Drip NY, is certified by the American Board of Neurology (Neurology and Neurophysiology), Board of Headache Medicine (UCNS), National Board of Physicians and Surgeons (Internal Medicine), and the American Board of Sleep Medicine.
Dr. Spinner is certified by the American Board of Neurology (Neurology and Neurophysiology), Board of Headache Medicine (UCNS), National Board of Physicians and Surgeons (Internal Medicine) and the American Board of Sleep Medicine. Dr. Spinner believes that by providing comprehensive care with an integrated medical approach the best results can be achieved. Dr. Spinner will work closely with you to develop a customized and comprehensive treatment plan to resolve your symptoms and improve quality of life.